In this policy, we explain when and why we collect personal information about you, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others, how we keep it safe and secure and your rights and choices in relation to your information.
Any questions regarding this policy and our privacy practices should be sent by email to email@example.com or by writing to:
Casa Montana, Jete,
Granada 18699 Spain
Who are we?
Valle Verde Animal Rescue is an organisation based in Southern Spain dedicated to homing the dogs and cats we find abandoned and abused in our local area, and beyond.
In this policy ‘Valle Verde’, ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘our’ means:
Valle Verde Animal Rescue which is a registered charity (no. G18645903).
How do we collect information from you?
We may collect information about you in one or more of the following ways:
We may obtain information about you when you take part in one of our fundraising events, make a donation, apply to volunteer for us, book your pet into the residence or when you register to receive a newsletter.
Your information may be shared with us by third parties, which might include:
- independent event organisers
- professional fundraisers; and
- subcontractors acting on our behalf who provide us with technical, payment or delivery services, our business partners, advertising networks analytics providers and search information providers.
Via the website
We, like many organisations, automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, such as the type of device you’re using, the IP address, browser and operating system being used to connect your device to the internet. This information may be used to improve the services we offer and your experience on our site.
- information about your visit to this website, for example we may collect information about pages you visit and how you navigate the website, i.e. length of visits to certain pages, products and services you viewed and searched for, referral sources (e.g. how you arrived at our website).
When you interact with us on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram we may obtain information about you (for example, when you publicly tag us in an event photo or photo of one of our animals). The information we receive will depend on the privacy preferences that you have set on those particular platforms.
What type of information do we collect from you?
The personal information we collect, store and use might include:
- your name and contact details (including postal address, email address and telephone number);
- information about your activities on our website and about the device used to access it, for instance, your IP address and geographical location;
- your bank or credit card details. If you make a donation online your card information is not held by us, it is collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialise in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions;
- any other personal information shared with us
Data protection laws recognise certain categories of personal information as sensitive and therefore requiring greater protection, for example, information about your health, ethnicity and religion.
As a rule, we do not usually collect sensitive data about you unless there is a clear and valid reason for doing so and data protection laws allow us to.
Where appropriate, we will make it clear why we are collecting this type of information and for what it will be used.
How and why is your information used?
The information that we collect may be used for a variety of purposes, which may include:
- providing you with the services or information you that you have requested
- carrying out our obligations under any contracts entered into between you and us
- keeping a record of your relationship with us
- conducting analysis and market research to better understand how we can improve our services or information
- checking for updated contact details against third-party sources so we can stay in touch if you move (see the section on ‘Keeping your information up to date’ below);
- dealing with entries in a competition
- seeking your views or comments on the services we provide
- notifying you of changes to our services
- sending you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you. These may include information about individual campaigns, fundraising appeals and activities and promotions our services
How long do we keep your information for?
We keep your information for no longer than is necessary for the purposes it was collected for. The length of time we retain your personal information is determined by operational and legal considerations. For example, we are legally required to hold some types of information to fulfil our statutory and regulatory obligations (e.g. tax/accounting purposes).
Who has access to your information?
We do not sell or rent your information to third parties or share it with third parties for marketing purposes. We may, however, disclose your information to third parties in order to achieve the other purposes set out in this policy.
These third parties may include:
Third party services providers, supplier, subcontractors
We may pass your information to our trusted third party service providers, suppliers, agents, subcontractors and other associated organisations for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (for example to process donations and send you mailings).
When we use these third parties, we disclose only the personal information that is necessary to deliver the services. Please be reassured that we will not release your information to third parties for them to use for their own direct marketing purposes, unless you have requested us to do so, or we are required to do so by law, for example, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime.
To comply with data protection regulations we must rely on one or more lawful grounds to process your personal information. We consider the following grounds to be relevant:
Where you have provided specific consent to us using your personal information in a certain way, such as to respond to an enquiry, send you email, text and/or telephone marketing.
Performance of a contract
Where we are entering into a contract with you or performing our obligations under it, for example when you adopt a dog from us or book your pet into our residence.
When required to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject, for example where we are ordered by a court or regulatory authority.
When necessary for health and safety (for example in the case of a medical emergency at one of our fundraising events) or a safeguarding issue which requires us to share your information with the emergency services.
Where it is reasonably necessary to achieve our or others’ legitimate interests (as long as what the information is used for is fair and does not duly impact your rights).
We consider our legitimate interests to be running Valle Verde as a charitable organisation in pursuit of our aims and ideals. For example to:
- send postal/email communications which we think will be of interest to you
- conduct research to better understand our supporters and to improve the relevance of our fundraising
- determine the effectiveness of our services, promotional campaigns and advertising
- monitor who we deal with to protect the charity against fraud, money laundering and other risks
- enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services /communications for the benefit of our customers
- better understand how you interact with our website.
Fundraising and Marketing Communications
We may use your contact details to provide you with information about the vital work we do rescuing, rehabilitating, housing and rehoming animals, our fundraising appeals and opportunities to support us, as well as the products and services you can buy, if we think it may be of interest to you.
We will only send you marketing and fundraising communications by email, text and telephone if you have explicitly provided your prior consent. You may opt out of our marketing communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the end of our marketing emails.
We may send you marketing and fundraising communications by post unless you have told us that you would prefer not to hear from us.
Your marketing communication choices
You can choose whether or not you wish to receive information from us. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications from us about the rescue work we do or the services we offer at the Cantalobos Residencia, then you can select your choices by ticking the relevant boxes situated on the form used to collect your information.
You can change your marketing preferences (including to tell us that you don’t want to be contacted for marketing purposes) at any time by contacting us here:
Casa Montana, Jete,
Granada 18699 Spain
We will not use your personal information for marketing purposes if you have indicated that you do not wish to be contacted and will retain your details on a suppression list to help ensure that we do not continue to contact you. However, we may still contact you for administrative purposes such as when we are processing a donation or wish to thank you for your participation in an event.
Under European data protection law, you have certain rights over the personal information that we hold about you.
Please note that exceptions apply to a number of these rights, and not all rights will be applicable in all circumstances. For more details we recommend you consult https://ec.europa.eu/info/law/law-topic/data-protection/reform/rules-business-and-organisations_en
Here is a summary of the rights that we consider applicable:
Right of access
You have a right to request access to the personal data that we hold about you. If you request a copy of the information we hold about you, we will provide you with this, unless legal exceptions apply.
If you want to access your information, please send a description of the information you would like to see and proof of your identity by email or post to.
Casa Montana, Jete,
Granada 18699 Spain
The right to amend information held
You have the right to have inaccurate or incomplete information we hold about you corrected. If you change email address, or if you believe any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date, please contact us:
via email or post (see below). Alternatively, you can telephone +34 603 739 886
You also have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of some or all of your personal information if there is a disagreement about its accuracy, or we’re not lawfully allowed to use it.
The right to object
You have the right to object to processing where we using your personal information when it is based on legitimate interests, for direct marketing or for statistical/research purposes.
The right of erasure
You may ask us to delete some or all of your personal information and in certain cases, and subject to certain exceptions; we will do so as far as we are required to.
If you want to exercise any of the above rights, please email or write to us at:
Casa Montana, Jete,
Granada 18699 Spain
Keeping your information safe
When we collect your personal information, we take steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational controls are in place to protect it.
Non-sensitive details, such as your email address are transmitted normally over the internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Keeping your information up to date
Use of ‘cookies’
It is possible to turn off cookies by editing your browser preferences. Alternatively, you can control some 3rd party cookies by using a privacy enhancement platform such as optout.aboutads.info or youronlinechoices.com. For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
Switching off cookies may result in reduced functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
This policy applies only to our website. Our website may contain links to websites run by other organisations and we recommend that you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. We cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites and organisations even if you accessed via links on our website.
The same applies to third-party sites that link to ours.
Review of this Policy
Your privacy is important to us and we keep this policy under regular review and any changes we may make to this policy in the future will be posted here.
This policy was last updated in December 2018.
Find a pet
Here are some of the other cat and dogs currently waiting to find their forever homes. Could that be with you?
Click on your favourite below or find more here
Sary is a 12-year-old female older lady looking for a stable home. Good with people, dogs and cats, she does get anxious when left alone. Let’s find her the home she deserves.