We are delighted to report that last week’s Fundraising Evening in Salobreña was an absolute sell-out and a great success.
The event, organised by Fran Scott, attracted more than 100 attendees and raised a grand total of €2000. We would like to thank Fran, and her friends, for all their hard work organising the night and selling the tickets. Thanks also to the Best Western Hotel Salobreña for giving us use of the function room free of charge, allowing us to run our own bar and supply the food and for setting it up beautifully for us.
Credit for the wonderful buffet goes to Oren Moalim and Sue Rodgers, who supplied it at cost. The group Rewind, and their friend Banjo George, provided an evening of brilliant musical entertainment, all for free, and there were many dancers on the floor.
Becky Braunton made and donated a superb doggie cake which raised €86 in the lucky dip dog name. The winner offered it for auction, which raised another €20. Not sure how they will be able to eat those cute doggies.
Special thanks also to a great couple of supporters who donated €33 to make the total up to a round figure of €2000.
There were some wonderful raffle prizes as follows:
- A weekend in Holmfirth donated by Linda Rane
- A place on one of Oren´s cookery courses donated by Oren
- A place on a Herbal Workshop donated by Sue Rodgers
- A signed book of David Luddington´s donated by David himself
- A free weekend boarding for dog/cat at Perros Si, donated by Claire and
family and in remembrance of Chris.
- Meal for 2 at La Biznaga Restaurante, Salobreña, donated by Antonio
- A box of white and rose wine from Senorio de Nevada, donated by ICS
- An hour horseriding donated by Karen from La Herradura stables
- 3 hours sea kayaking donated by Julie Burgess from Totally Sorted Sports
- A bottle of Lanson Champagne donated by Maria and Harry
Plus many more. Thank you all!
Please click on the images to view the gallery.